A couple of years ago when Mark and I had gone to Hawaii, we stopped at the Byodo-In, a Japanese temple where the gardens are magnificent and there is a huge gong-like bell where you are able to swing a log in order to hear the loud, deep chime fill the air with tangible zen. Sounds dreamlike, doesn't it? Like my dad, I probably wouldn't mind being buried there either. ha! Back to the story. While we were there a few years ago, I snapped a close up photo of one of the plants around the waterfall, uploaded it to a public military-lodge computer, made a banner for my blog, then signed out. I lost the picture without even thinking about it. It was gone, and all I had was the photo from my banner, thankfully saved.
Fast forward to this past weekend, I suggested we drive over to see the Byodo-In temple... so I could take another photo.. I didn't even get close to the quality that I had gotten lucky with one time so long ago... so sad. I don't even want to post the old photo here because the comparison makes these look shameful!
However, this was the one closest to target:
Another (my pick from the day):
These colors keep my eyes coming back for more glimpses:
No comments:
Post a Comment