July 17, 2012

The Mediterranean

June 9 -
This day on the boat, we spent all day at sea. We napped, visited the restaurants and pool, spotted some new friends with whom we played "Farkle" and had the formal evening that everyone loves to dress up for. I, on the other hand didn't have a formal, so I wore what I wore, hoping my hair up-do would fancify it just enough.


*I'm sitting outside now on our little patio, and Emmy has just taken a seat next to me in her little camping chair, tapping her entire leg the way I move my foot when I type. Leave it to the little ones to melt my heart and bring my fidgeting to light.

 On to the pictures.. which are few, but Tessa and I had a lot of laughs - I love having a sister!


I didn't even bring my camera out until I saw the sunset.. it was just beautiful in its simplicity.


I took this picture of Tessa, thinking about all the crazy times she had trying to find hotspots throughout our bus tours, city walks, etc. This girl is tech-savvy!

Mark and I have since marveled at how few guests were aboard this ship. It was full, but it's organized to not feel full at all. The boat at times, felt just like it was ours and ours alone.. It was perfect.. and boy were we so spoiled!




If there had been people around, I really don't think I'd be laughing as hard or taking as many pictures as we did. Good thing the deck was empty.

Tessa did give me a few better ones too, thankfully. Gosh, I miss that girl!

And these desserts, too! We may have said, "One of each, please..?" : )
See the empty chairs? We were early diners.. we scheduled our days even older than the old people! ... Or you can go ahead and think we had the entire ship to ourselves.. wouldn't that be fun!? The dessert picture is a sneak of all the pictures Tessa took on her phone.. she got loads of good ones! I'll have to do a separate post for those!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I've been loving your pictures. You two are so beautiful. I am curious as to what cruise line you cruised. Paul and I have been discussing a Mediterranean cruise for number 10 in a few years. Would you do the same thing if you could choose know what you know now?

Jayci said...

Beth - YES I would choose the same thing if we ever got the chance to again. It was absolutely perfect. Lots of room to spread out, yet lots of people to talk to and lots to do. The rooms were beautiful and the staff Disney-pleasant. It was the line called Crystal Cruises. They have, I think, 2 ships that travel world wide. We were on the ship named Crystal Serenity. You should be able to easily find it online. Let me know if you want any more info! :) What a fun time you and Paul would have!!

Amy said...

Your hair is gorgeous. I am growing mine out again...so I can sport up do's just like yours.

Beautiful sisters.