June 8 -
Beginning the day with the breakfast buffet became our routine. It was so nice to have all the meals included, making us feel like we didn't have to pile the food on to our morning plates just to get our money's worth like at a typical buffet (I know that was false comfort.. so believe me, when I say we ate our money's worth!). I loved having half a plate of fruit, 2 sausages, 2 [or 5] pieces of bacon, and a glass of ice water. After we laid the cloth napkins back on the table, we set off by bus to explore a bit, stopping at a few different places to take in what we could. Everything was beautiful, and warm, and full of color and life. There was bread in the churches, flowers in the streets, and shade under every tree (thankfully!).
No comments:
Post a Comment