July 23, 2012

seedless red raspberry jam


I turned those fresh raspberries into something even more delicious and sugary.. seedless red raspberry jam. I was so certain the jar wouldn't seal because as I was lifting the jar out of the boiling pot of water, it slipped and clattered onto the stovetop. I was just relieved that the jar didn't break!

Everything about the directions I was reading had the word "exact" in bright red and bold lettering every where there were measuring directions, or boiling times, etc. ... I think I must have gotten lucky because my sugars and pectin measuring was anything but exact.

When I looked at the jar 30 minutes from the time I finished, I was pleasantly surprised that the jar had sealed; though, sad I missed that little musical pop. Next time.. I will listen more carefully. Next time will hopefully be this week.

2 comments:

sby1955 said...

Jayci! This is great! You are a Great Plains Homemaker!

Mars said...

wow you're amazing!! That looks and sounds SO good!! I should give you a cookie recipe of my mom's that's SO GOOD and the centers are seedless jam...perfect right? Let me know if you want it. The cookies are so good you can't stop at like 5... :)