Earlier last week we went along with some friends to a raspberry field, where we picked plenty of decadent red raspberries. Mont followed me into the rows, then ran right back out and stopped on the grass, turned around and said, "I'm getting dirty!" he's not usually like this, so I reassured him, "That's okay! It's okay to get dirty!" Kids are so whacky.
Emmy didn't love it at first either, but she got comfortable enough, picking and throwing berries (like she would see me do with the bad ones/buggy ones). After a few rows she decided to just plop her backside down and play with sticks and mud. Mont got in on the berry action too, but I soon lost his interest to a nerf gun and older kids.. that was okay, he was all giggles and sprints.
We made away with two pint-sized boxes an felt pretty good about that! Just $6 for all that fun. Now that I've done something with them, I better get back for some more! I hope to stock up on jam for the winter.




1 comment:
my uncle used to have raspberry bushes in his yard when I was younger. I remember playing outside in the CO summers and eating the raspberries off of them. So good! Sounds like your kiddos had fun!
Post a Comment