The two wards that meet in our building/town, every year has put on a silent live nativity.
I drove in earlier that day to set up inside for the hot cocoa that they serve when people are ready to warm up after they last more than a few minutes in these negative degrees. The volunteers are members who sign up to do 30 minute shifts in long johns and costume garb, probably wishing they were huddling next to the livestock standing by to stay warm! It is a beautiful, humbling, reverent sight to behold. We didn't stick around for it that night because we were unfortunately under the weather as it was, even without standing outside in negative temps.
While I was driving away, Brother Renfrow (I visit teach his wife, whom my children love dearly because of her chickens, turkey, other fowl and rocks) was parked outside with the stable. It was just too much; I had to snap a quick picture.
This nativity has been drawing quite a crowd from town and the surrounding areas, with even quick write ups in our local papers. Very fun to have ties to something like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment