December 7, 2013

our little elfin friends

Before December had rolled around I had seen this blog post, and decided that this might be a fun way to bring some Christmas magic into our house for the kids. I don't hate the Elf on the Shelf, don't get me wrong, I've laughed at quite a few of the antics I've seen pictured around the internet! We actually did some of the silly ones for these three little ones. We called these three our Kindness Elves. Pretty soon though, the kids were just calling them "The Elves"

They came with a letter (that I had typed up in haste the night before), introducing themselves and delivering some "nice list" pajamas. Sorry this is the worst/best picture I took of the letter by tree light:

Every morning the kids would run upstairs to see where the Elves had moved and done during the night before. There were one or two mornings we heard them running up the stairs talking about the Elves and Mark bolted out of bed to hide them until he could stage them. Whoops!! thankfully that only happened twice, I think. ha ha!

No comments: