
Here in Alaska, people LOVE to paint their houses different, exotic colors. I think it must be a coastal thing, because near the water it can be sort of overcast and grey, so the people make up for it by painting the exterior of their houses. In our neighborhood there are all sorts of fun colors. I thought I liked the light olive green, but now... NOW I have my favorite color. And it belongs to my lucky neighbor, Jeanette. Hers is the aqua colored house. The olive green next to it was what I loved before. Here's a close-up on the little shiner:

Side note: I took these two pictures last night at 9:00 at night! But it was overcast and a bit drizzly, so you can't really see the entire effect of a late-setting sun. Maybe these are the make-up showers for April. May showers bring June flowers!
5 comments:
I love the color of the houses and have to agree ... I like the aqua too. There is something cool about houses with color!! Especially when they sit below the mountains in Alaska. What a gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing! :)
How fun to have colorful houses! I agree--I like the aqua one the best. Although the other colors are fun too! I can't believe you took this picture at 9:00 at night! My body would get so messed up there--I really associate the time with how light it is outside. (And that might cause problems in Alaska!) It's so beautiful up there, and I wish I could come visit! :)
I really like all the colorfuly houses! You know me, I love color! It looks SO pretty there! I'm jealous. How was it THAT LIGHT OUTSIDE @ 9:00 AT NIGHT?!?! That's crazy!!! I still can't wait for my visit.....:)
Beautiful houses! I cannot even imagine having the sun set so late...is hard to fall asleep?
Hey Jayci!!! I just wanted to quickly comment on this post. When Tim and I went to this little island off Venice, Italy, all the houses were different colors and many very bright like yellow and red. Story goes...it's a fishing community and gets really foggy so they painted their homes different colors so they'd know which one was theirs after they came home from fishing. :) Hope you are good! Miss you guys. Love the Indy clothes on Mark!
Post a Comment