So here is the moose video - it will work if you click on it (in case it looks a little strange).
May 28, 2008
11:00 pm black bear
Yesterday night about 10:30 Mark wanted to go on a bike ride. Anywhere else, this would have been crazy, but it was still really light out. He got almost down to the church near our house and noticed some people pulled over taking pictures. Then he noticed this huge black bear staring at him. Mark booked it back up to our house so we both could see it. So I grabbed Buckwheat (instead of putting him in his cage - we were in a hurry!) and we drove down to where Mark had seen it. I am glad we ended up taking Buckwheat because I've never heard him growl and bark like that; not like there is a predator around. He doesn't mind moose one bit, he loves rabbits and squirrels for the chasing factor, but I've never heard him like this. He must have known it was some sort of a predator. Sorry about Mark's "no's" trying to keep Buckwheat hushed! I couldn't not laugh. Then on the way back home we noticed a moose on the other side of the street just up a ways. I'm wondering if the bear was following her scent? Maybe we kept it from it's next meal. Good thing! I don't think I'd be interested in seeing a bear + moose fight in our back yard. oh my!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
yeah... but I was still nervous!! ha that thing got toooo close. But it made for a good video clip. :)
oh wow. i know it's a bit scary, but how many people have seen a black bear without bars inbetween them and it? much less a moose, and in the same day?!?!? i might consider Alaska next even though i don't want to go that far just 'cause of all the animals. we'll be talking about it in a year or two when you've been there long enough to really like or dislike it. :)
Wow, there is just all kind of wild life running around free out there.
holy cow. at first i thought you guys were just OUT in the open filming the bear and i was ready to YELL at you. freaky. but so cool that you see all of this wildlife just outside your home. and amazing that it is 11:30 at night and that bright outside.
p.s. my friend's husband works in the e.r. at harborview medical center here in seattle and harborview is where they lifeflight people from alaska who have been in bear attacks. scary...
so cool! not that i would want to be super close to one, but i do think it's awesome that you see all these wild animals just running around. good thing you have a husband and little dog to protect you!
I thought that the bear was going to walk up to your car for a minute, but then you zoomed out. What an experience!
I wouldn't want to be that close to that big of a bear. I'd be nervous too. Good thing buckweat is such a good protector!
That is awesome! The funny thing about it is we were up visiting my parents which live in northern nevada in a town called genoa. Kip and I went for a drive one evening and looked out the car and there was a huge black bear right next to us. We even had the windows down so it really scared us at first. It just kept on going but it was cool and scary at the same time! So...interesting enough you just saw one also! It also looks like it is beautiful up there!
OK the dog sounds in the background made me laugh so hard!! That's a BIG bear ... Cheers to Alaska! :)
wow! that's so cool. We have been to Yellowstone many times and go looking for bears we have never been that close. that is awesome I quess our next trip will be to Alaska. We Love Indiana Jones! Joel wasn't brave enough to wear his gear to the movie. looks like you guys are doing great! Larissa
Post a Comment