May 27, 2008

peep hole

I apologize if you frequent this blog, but I just wanted to post this here as well. Yesterday Mark went to work putting the peep hole into our front door. I was so surprised that the woman that lived here before didn't have one put in. Her husband had been deployed for an entire year, so needless to say, I feel good it's apart of the house now. 
It took mark about 2 minutes to drill through the door, and this was the view pre-glass. Hello over there!
Here is our model, Buckwheat, demonstrating that it works. It looks like it's always been there! Nice work, Mark. Well done. The simple things can make the biggest of differences. Except for today when Mark and I answered the door to a teenage girl asking for money to send her to a Florida acting and modeling school. Why didn't we use the peep hole? Now we're out 15 bucks. We're suckers. Don't get any wise ideas. We're not doing that again.

6 comments:

Marie said...

The pics through the peep hole are just too cute! Buckwheat is a good model!! ;)

{krista} said...

When I had a peephole, I never used it, mostly because we generally looked to see who was here when the dog announced their presence before they ever knocked. Now we have a fancy glass door, and some days I sure wish we had a peephole. LOL

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that Mark was so handy. Send him to our new house sometime so I can "use his skills"!

C&C said...

i never look through peepholes...mostly because they almost scare me more than just answering the door--i am always scared that their face will be like RIGHT THERE looking back at me. creepy. you're too nice for giving that girl $15! i nevvver give solicitors anything.

Holly said...

I had never used a peep hole before because they were always too tall for me to see through. When we moved into our house, Curt installed one at my height, and I LOVE it! He got the extra large one, so we can spy on our whole neighborhood by looking through it! I still forget to use it sometimes, though... I hope you enjoy yours! Good job Mark for putting it in!

Wendy Christensen said...

I have a peep hole at my house and LOVE it :) --- hmmmm who's there? Nope, I'm not home!! Congrats on the new addition to the door and house!!