May 13, 2008

eyes

There is a reason for my lousy blogging and no pictures. It is my vision still. On Friday, my eye doctor didn't see the improvement he had hoped for, so he put me on steroids. Steroid drops to be precise. If I don't pinch my nose between my eyes, after a few minutes I can start to taste the awful bitterness of the drug. I can't understand why anyone would drink, or inject, or eat steroids. Anyone else have difficulty understanding? I'm supposed to use them 4 times a day, but I've been bad and have only used it 1 to 2 times a day because I have to sit there for two minutes with my eyes closed and pinching my nose with a piece of tissue so it catches my stinging tears. Sorry to whine. They are improving though! I have another appointment on Wednesday, and then the doctor is getting deployed, so I'll be playing Musical Doctors, and giving updates and reasons for why I'm not blogging/photographing (I intertwined both of these because one completes the other these days!). I think I'll pull out my camera this week again. 

Actual leaves are springing from the tree-buds now, and with light rain mixed with sunshine, I spent the day thinking of what summer will be like. I'm so excited!

5 comments:

Marie said...

Oh, I hope your peepers get better soon!! You'd better do what the Dr. says or I'll have to come over there and make you! The last thing you'd want is anything bad/permanent happening to them - they're a very nice thing to have ;) I'm also excited for you that it looks like spring might finally be there for real. I love it when everything starts to bud bloom - the colors are so beautiful.

Wendy Christensen said...

Sorry about the eyes and the nasty tasting drugs - yipes! As for pulling the camera out and capturing the outdoor wonders - you go girl! I can hardly wait to see what you catch on film!

C&C said...

Sorry about the steroids--they are GROSS tasting! i had to go on them to help my headaches but it tasted so gross that i took one pill and stopped. not worth it. plus i dont' want to get manly. hope your eyes start feeling better soon!

Mars said...

No bueno Jayce! I hope your eyes get better soon!! That does not sound fun & that's gross you can taste them. Ick. That's the worst! But I hope you feel better soon!! Your poor eyes. Get lots of rest so you can begin blogging again :) Love you!!!

Liz Ann said...

oh my goodness, that sounds horrible. I've never heard of somebody taking steroids for their eyes before. I hope you get better soon