June 1, 2008

baby shower

This morning I threw a last minute (planned-within-the-last-few-days, last minute) baby shower for a friend I knew from Del Rio. She got here about 4 weeks ago, settled into her house two weeks ago, and is due with her first little girl within the next couple of weeks. Since next week I have family coming, I wanted to do it before I got too busy, and before she got too uncomfortable.
Here is the table with cute little cookies and napkins after we moved all the gifts from the empty-space to here: 
Cathy, Kristen, Nicole, and Jill before opening gifts, and here I am after the gifts have been opened:
It was fun, but a bit worrisome throwing such a spontaneous shower. She got a bunch of cute little clothes for her soon-to-be daughter. I love purple and yellow together, so for the clothes I gave her, I tried to stick with that theme. I wish I had gotten a picture of the yellow dress and ruffled-underwear I got for little Aurora; it was adorable! Happy Baby Shower, Nicole!!

8 comments:

Marie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

You can delete that other post :) For some reason the pics weren't showing and now they are! How fun and that's super sweet of you to do that for Nicole. Tell her hi for us, and congrats! I didn't know that it was going to be a girl - how fun for her - no pressure on any future pregnancies now!! :)

{krista} said...

You are such a sweet friend. What beautiful colors, beautiful flowers. Fun! Fun!

kris said...

Good job on the shower! It looks like lots of fun! Tell Nicole hi from us!! I didn't know she was having a girl, tell her congrats from me and I hope she's doing well!

aubreyannie said...

aurora?! i love that name SO much. and nice job on throwing a baby shower together, jayci. you are wonderful!

Holly said...

I love baby showers, and that was so nice of you to graciously put one together last minute! You look darling, by the way!

Wendy Christensen said...

Wow! Looks like a wonderful (last minute) party :) - I love purple and yellow together too.

Alec and Tiffany said...

Good job on a last minute shower....those flowers are so pretty!!