September 7, 2008

eee! wolves

I am sitting here on the couch in the living room with the sliding door and windows open to let the cool breeze in. It is so refreshing! In the quiet of my typing and Buckwheat's window-gazing, I begin to hear quiet howls. In the distance (probably across the valley), I can hear the wolves. They must be coming back from the mountains with the cooler weather. I haven't heard them since June.

Oh gosh! You all know of my fear of wolves. I'm glad I'm reading Twilight and understand the facts. They're not all bad. right? HA! right..

*I took this picture when I was on a walk with Buckwheat earlier this week. This is at the end of our street where the road ends and you can see both sides of the valley and the glacier in the back. You can see the red and fall tints on the back mountains where the trees are beginning to turn.

14 comments:

Leslie said...

yikes!! I know how you feel - wolves cries are a little disturbing! I love reading your posts and looking at all your interesting photos!! We miss you around here! But now we get to read about all your exciting life in Alaska!!!! I should comment more because I'm always so entertained by you posts, but I look through when I'm up w/ Matthew & it requires much more effort typing one-handed (like now)!
love les

Chelsea said...

It is so beautiful there! breathtaking!

Holly said...

Jayci~

Your posts and pictures make me want to jump on a plane and come take part in your adventures too! Wolves are kinda bittersweet...scary, but at the same time so beautiful! And yes, think of them as friends to the vampire clan...haha. I love those books! I miss you babe!

Anonymous said...

You have some of the most gorgeous photos from where you live now. those mountains and valleys are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing picture Jayci!

Wendy Christensen said...

YOU live in a beautiful & savage land ... wolves, bears, and matryoska dolls. :)!!!

Beth said...

So beautiful. A refreshing change from the desert. Is there anything you miss about the landscape of Del Rio?

aubreyannie said...

i must say, i would love to have wolves howling as a backdrop to reading new moon or eclipse. very cool..but also creepy!

Aaron and Celina said...

Jayci i love all your pictures!! they're so gorgeous!

Hipple Family said...

yea, maybe Edward will sneak around the corner!!!

Smedley Family said...

so pretty isn't it! are you sure it wasn't a bunch of dogs? maybe you should think of it that way so you don't get freaked out with twilight.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Sometimes I hear coyotes....scary!

Beautiful picture :)

steve said...

i always wanted to be a wolf, or an eagle, or a hawk, or a dolphin. any of them would be fun

Chell said...

I still cannot believe how you can live in a place so breathtakingly beautiful!

I am a terrible fear of all things wolf. So dont worry, you're not alone.