September 12, 2008

weekend relaxation

"What I dream of is an art of balance, of purity and serenity devoid of troubling or depressing subject matter - a soothing, calming influence on the mind, rather like a good armchair which provides relaxation from physical fatigue." -Henri Matisse 

Maybe this bench isn't as relaxing as what Henri describes, but it did provide some relief two weekends ago at the State Fair. This weekend is stake conference, so I will be soaking up my relaxation whenever I can. Here's to a nice Friday night watching television, playing for the first time Clair de Lune while Mark starts the fire to roast the mallows,  taking cat naps and reading the end of my book! Tell me a few things you do to relax? 

4 comments:

Marie said...

Relax? Huh???? I don't even know what that is anymore?!?! About the only thing I have time to do that doesn't involve my kids is read everyone's blogs. I hardly have time to craft or anything like that, or that would be my answer, along with reading. The last book I read for fun was the final Harry Potter book when it came out....

Anonymous said...

I'm a big believer in baths. It calms me so much I usually end up sleeping while I'm in. I always love the pictures you take of things. The bench shot is beautiful.

aubreyannie said...

what lovely prose by henri matisse. i'm afraid when i do have time to relax, i drift off to sleep. but i do love reading a good book. that escape into another world always rejuvenates me. i need to check out which book you're reading now!

C&C said...

a hot shower, a good book, a chick flick, sleep, sitting in a pretty place outside and just looking at everything. i need to do all that stuff more often! (well, I shower everyday, but besides that...)