I found 3 of these beautiful Russian Matryoshka dolls. Two small ones from the vender where I took this picture, and one big one from another vendor. The second vendor was a tall, beautiful woman wearing a fur hat, the stereotyped signature of her country, speaking Russian to her much shorter, balder, but very funny boyfriend. As I finished my purchase, I waved and said, "Do Svidaniha!" We truly are in Eastern Russia up here!!
14 comments:
Oh wow - I never thought about the likely Russian influence there. How fun to get to learn about a new culture too, while you're there!!
you are becoming quite the photographer!!! nice work! glad you're having fun!
Oh, such pretty finds! I never realized there would be a Russian thing up there, but it all makes sense!
Woah! Those are so cool! It's awesome that you can just find that at a farmer's market. They're so beautiful.
Beautiful! They will add such a nice dimension to your home. Where will you put them? And when did you learn Russian?! :) Now I'm disappointed I didn't go to any Farmer's Markets down here.
soooo pretty! i love farmer's markets. so quaint. and so many fun things to see and interesting people to talk to!
Ohhhh I love Farmers Markets! We went to one the other day up in Pleasanton where all the local farmers were out... The fruit was delicious!
The hair is another story... No I chickened out and only got a trim... I know that I want short hair but the minute I cut it I will want long hair again so I am going to brave it out a few more months. I figure soon I will have kids and then short is the only option so I may as well love the length while I have the time and energy to have it. :)
Miss you guys!
XOXO
how fun to enjoy the farmer's market on a sunny day! your picture of the dolls is beautiful! there is an enormous russian influence even down here in seattle.
i miss hikes
I LOVE Farmers Markets. LOVE THEM! Sorry we haven't chatted. I've been super busy working full time, school @ night, & traveling for the past 2 weekends in a row & I'm going BACK to CO next weekend! Ahh! Lets exchange catch up e-mails soon? I have lots to tell you sort of...ya. I want to know about ur job, life, etc. Love YA!
I love those dolls. My dad got me some when he went TDY once. They are so detailed. I hope things are great there and that you're taking care and being taken care of. We miss you!
Cheers to matryoska dolls - :)
I told my mom that I was closer to Russia than her. It's sobering for sure.
I love the pink one in front. So lovely.
Post a Comment