September 24, 2008

vintage

I'm not a huge car fan, but I do love old, swanky cars that have vintage running through their tubes. ha! So when it comes to this or this, I am a huge car fan. 

This: 
belongs to this: 
a 1972 MG. When I was growing up, our old neighbors had a canary yellow MG parked out front for years. I remember because my mom and dad didn't think too highly of it, but I loved the look of it, even with the little rust spots. Plus, it provided a great hiding place for Ghost in the Graveyard during night games. The only thing I know about these cars is this: when I asked my mom why our neighbor wasn't driving it, she would say, "Because these cars catch on fire really easily." 

Bummer. It would be a lot of fun!

8 comments:

Brittany B said...

Well the car didn't run. That's why it sat for so long. But it was a very good place to hide indeed!

kris said...

Haha, I loved to play Ghost in the Graveyard too!! Cool car, hope you guys are doing well! Austin said he saw Mark last week in Germany. Wish I could run into you in Germany!!!

Larkin Family said...

Hey girl! How are you?? Eric would just love this old car. So much fun. I hope you are doing well...I miss ya!

Speaks Family said...

Is this the car parked across the street from the church? Jared loves that car and thought about calling to see how much they are asking for it.

aubreyannie said...

i love sondre lerche on your blog..so cool!

and i loove vintage cars like this. someday i will own one and drive up and down the coast with a jackie O-type scarf wrapped around my head complete with sunglasses. that will be me, someday.

Jayci said...

Tess - I asked mom and dad about it, and it was a different car in the coldesac. BUT you know Dad's classic car collection that is near the front door in those glass cases? HE HAS AN MG! how did I not know about it?! Pretty neat-o.

Kris - wouldn't THAT be fun?!

Whitney! - things are great! Eric and Mark need to have a little car time together. They would love this.

Megan - they are asking $3900 for it!! You should splurge and drive it around with your three boys while J's gone. :P oh- Mark thinks they said $3600. Mark wants him to get it so Mark can drive it. :D

Aubrey - I love Sondre. :P He is so "home-made." In FACT you had one of his songs on the mix you made for me for Christmas last year. The one that starts "my hands are shaking". nice! you are so hip. :)

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Isn't it so funny how moms are so over-cautious and we just roll our eyes....However, then we turn around and say the exact same over-cautious things to our kids? Haha! I love it!

steve said...

my body reminds me a lot of that car. looks a little beat up, but i'm a classic stud...