January 22, 2010

little things



There's a little surprise in this little bag for someone pretty little. 


My mom made me six burp rags for Mont by hand, and they are so dang absorbent I had to share the wealth. And today... I finally put myself to action for a girl in my ward. Except, I made hers miniature so she can pack all three of them in her diaper bag, and use them as she needs, one at a time, and still absorb a lot. 

Don't judge! I love them. Tomorrow I will make 3 bigger ones. For each 1/3 yard cut, I can make three 6x10, and three 8x10. I think those were the right measurements: 


See the tip of my pin cushion? wanna see more? okay: 

Those little bowls are from Hawai'i, just wrap up some cotton fluff with fabric (oh-so-tightly) and glue it on down! (hint: you can use any bowl you want.. glass, porcelain, wood, or plastic). 

5 comments:

Taryn Gray said...

Very impressed! They turned out So great.

Brittany B said...

What kind of material did you use for them. I'm pretty sure I'll need some soon.

Jayci said...

Brittany - they're flannel and terry cloth. Some will be coming your way! ;)

MC Lewis said...

Love the burp cloths. I want to make some now. I actually have a project I think you will like. I will try to post some pictures of it soon.

aubreyannie said...

ooh i love the burp cloths...especially when i heard super absorbent. what kind of material did you/your mom use? and i love the cute pincushion!