January 24, 2010

shuffled

Do you ever feel so excited over something and then realize that it's really not that exciting?

That just happened as I looked at the before/after pictures of my book case. When I found my very yellow Van Gogh book and World Art book this week, I knew I wanted them on my book case somewhere. It took about half a day of going back and forth between shuffling and reshuffling, shifting and reshifting shelves.

I didn't want an entire column full of dark of bright books, so I had to get it 'just so.'

Here is my before....

I liked it, but I was still frustrated with Mark's huge white binders (that I never see him use!), so I covered one of their shelves with a piece of artwork (bottom right, up one), and I didn't like my two shelves of cook books (top left corner, and also one down).

So here is my after (including the two new books (up and center))...

See? No big deal, but I am still SO excited about it.

The photo albums that I am working so hard to get done, will go on the bottom left shelf. WOOHOO for another project complete!

On a side note, here is one of my favorite shelves. I love elephants... and I love The Jungle Book... combine the two and........ woohoo!



*Mark's white binders are now in a snug little place in the crawl space, easily accessible. I think he was just happy I found a nice place for them that I was happy with.

9 comments:

Katie and Blake said...

You are so cute! I love it.

Brittany B said...

I like the added light, too. It fills in the corner.

Kristina said...

Lookin' good! I totally get excited about silly stuff too! :)

Chelsea said...

Looks really good!! I'm having the hardest time with my expedit bookcase - we've moved most or books to a new floor to ceiling bookcase. Now I'm having a hard time filling it, I wish you were here!!!

And what is that lovely art piece?? We might need a close up of that one - it looked like you!!!!! ?!

{krista} said...

Love it... i want a bookcase like that!!! Where did you get it?

Jordan said...

we have a similar bookcase! only it consists of only two columns, and they are four big boxes high instead of five smaller ones. granted we don't have as much space as you, but same effect! Ikea?? that's where we got ours. same color too! I can totally tell the difference from before/after and I think it looks great! we don't even have books on ours at all. Do you have a lot of family pictures hanging or on display in your house? we have TONS and we don't have ANY artwork so I think it needs work. But I want artwork that means something to me, like all the pics you guys took yourselves. WISHHHHHHH I had a nice camera!!! poop!

can we collaborate on decorating ideas??

Valerie said...

Absolutely love it! I can't wait to move and put up all of my books. Where did you get your bookcase? And, I would love to know what cookbooks you have on your shelves! :)

aubreyannie said...

beautiful! i think it looks fantastic. p.s. i know that your house would be a place i would love to stay at and feel right at home! just so you know. ;)

julia said...

it looks great! i do the same thing at my house and i think it's way too much fun to organize and arrange. i think it brings a lot to a room and creates something interesting to look at,where back in our parents era, you just ignored shelves of books.