January 14, 2010

table reclaimed

Here is a play-by-play of the buffet table that I just 'reclaimed' from Mont's cute little behind.

All cleaned off and polished up:

Halfway through... loved it this way, but still didn't have everything I wanted:

love these vases and barnwood frame!!

Then.. after some finishes... and some everyday "stuff" like my bag, and the print boxes from China that have not had a place to rest since coming home with Mark, the table is ... complete:

When Mark showed me the panoramic pictures of China's Great Wall, I was more impressed with the boxes than with the photos (that you can see where they pieced the pictures together to make them panoramic!). Mark just can't see the charm I see in them, probably because he was immune to old world charm after seeing it up close and personal. At least that's the flattering excuse I came up with. Can't you see the charm?

even though it's old and broken? Just say yes. Thank you.    

ha!

8 comments:

The Murrays said...

Come decorate my house!!! You are awesome!!

Kristina said...

Looks really nice!! I love those boxes too.

Chelsea said...

I love that screen! It makes me miss you guys. I have been lusting after those coraline bickford-smith books and I'm glad you have them, but you're missing Great Expectations... :)

c.j. said...

Yes! A thousand times yes! I love old, antique, full-of-history and memories things. Beautiful!
I have to ask...what are the books on the bottom right? I love their covers. I want them! haha It's all amazing Jayci! It looks so beautiful.

Amy said...

Love the decorative display. And yes, those boxes definitely have charm.

I do want to know more about those beautiful books on the bottom shelf...like where did you get them and what are the titles?

Also, remember way back when I wanted to feature your artwork on amysueiloveyou...did you want me to link to your blog or not? I know, you said I could post the pictures...but I just thought I'd check to see what you would prefer.

Brittany B said...

I love the boxes.

aubreyannie said...

aaah! i love it. and i'm so so jealous that you have those books. wah! i wanted them so bad for Christmas. alas. i will have to buy them for myself. hee hee. i LOVE these pictures. love your style, jayce.

Smedley Family said...

you're so good! come do my house!!