February 15, 2010

lovely lover's day!


Things we did today:

Woke up exhausted! ...(1 o'clock bedtime + 5 wake ups between then and 7:30 just doesn't cut it anymore..)
Gave Mont a bath ...(Buckwheat's turn tomorrow... dang it. Mont is so much more fun to bathe!)
Nap for Mont ...(lucky feller!)
Spiraled my hair ...(hello Jose Eber curling wand!)
Dressed for church ...(I love that part of Sundays!)
Mark gave a talk in Sacrament ...(very wonderful... made me cry!)
Cried some more in Relief Society ...(happy-lovey days make me weepy, I guess)
Mont finally napped at 5 o'clock ... (lucky feller!)
Mark cooked me dinner ...(yummy teriyaki steak and noodles)
I did dishes "the old fashioned way"with soap, water, and a washcloth ...(dishwasher died - I'm actually, very thrilled about that. Every time we used it you had to shout over the noise! New "silent" one comes tomorrow.)
Mark and I watched [and laughed at] clips of the Lawrence Welk Show ...(simply marvelous! Arthur Duncan is the happiest of happy feet.)
Mark and I watched Office episodes to catch up ...(and cringed when Michael had to let down the "Scott's Tots" - we both were jittery.)
I had some Rainbow Chip cake...mmm

It was an A+ Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

The Willis Wonder Years said...

What a perfect day! Wouldnt it be awesome if we could take 2 - 3 naps during the day like our babies do! I would LOVE that! Aww...wishful thinking right? Happy V day!

Jordan said...

hahahah zach and I were talking about how sick we felt after that episode for DAYS! maaaaaajor cringing. Lucky you for getting a new dishwasher... we do our dishes by hand ALL the time cause we don't have one anymore. Let me tell you it is, at times, horrible, and can take over an hour if you let it get out of hand! ugh. Glad that Mark was back in time for V-day and that you had a love-ly day!

Kristina said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I LOVE when Kurt gives talks. There's something special and listening to your man, huh?

aubreyannie said...

i'm glad you had such a lovely valentine's day! and i'm gonna need to look up this jose eber curling wand. any pictures of your hair spiraled? and holy moly..5 wakeups before 7:30am sounds killer. i'm sorry!!!