May 13, 2012

celebrating a grand mother

The day before Mother's Day, my Aunt and Uncle usually hold a lunch to honor my Grandmother Barrett, who is standing below in her royal blue with long stranded pearls. What a woman.. today she told us the story about how she won a school fist fight cause her dad taught her how to punch. It just wasn't quite what we were expecting, but we were all smiling. 

Speaking of smiles... I do believe this is the first one of Mont EVER smiling on 'command' - and it looks like it. I love it so much! I think this is another fridge photo.. I love that he's so happy to be playing trucks with my Uncle Brett (my mom's brother). Lucas is his new best bud, too. 

In order from left to right, top row then bottom: 
Aunt Ruth, Tessa, Grandpa J, Grandma Cleia, Karsten, Emmy, Jayci, Devin, Keri, Collin 
Uncle Brett, Mont, Lucas

Then Aunt Ruth swapped with Mark, but by then Mont had lost his smile and had hijacked both trucks. 

I realized as we were in the back yard after the majority had left, that this is the only place that Mont can play where I had played as a little girl.. made me really miss the Mustang St. house even more than normal. (the mustang house is where I was a baby - 14 yrs) 

Seeing these two playing in my shadow was just so perfect for this Mother's Day weekend.. 
made me so happy. This is the weekend of nostalgia for me!! 

Too bad this is off-focus.. this little girl loves all things grown-up. Even if it's just her that thinks it's grown up. Little girls are such funny little things, aren't they?? 
.

No comments: