I'd been wanting to go to Provo for a while now to take a stroll around campus just for nostalgia's, and last night was my chance. After the kids went to bed, I drove to the little city to have a bite to eat with my roommate from when we were there at BYU.
She told me Horne Hall (I know..) was next up to be torn down to make way for the newest and nicest dorms in the state of Utah... they were beautiful! .. not these... the new ones. Just take my word for it.
Here's Horne Hall in all it's sunset glory:
Our old dorm room... 54. Right there in that doorway was where I opened the door to Jordan and met her for the very first time! That vent in the bottom right hand corner is where we would scare people walking past with screams and monster noises.. we were the typical weird freshmen that are everywhere else in collegeland:
Annnnnd.... can anyone guess who's house this is???
Holy shmokies I saw it in person! I felt like the paparazzi..
but I was just too excited!
3 comments:
Wow. I can't believe how many memories those pictures bring back! Goodness I miss BYU and the best roomies ever. Really wish I could have been there with you! Might just steal these pics... ;)
Oh, the house must be Stephanie Nielsen's. ;). Pretty cool! Have you read her book?
So we live in Orem, and I hadn't driven by the dorms in years until just a few weeks ago. It was so sad to see only a hole in the ground where Rogers hall used to be! So many funny memories. I still remember that double date Curt & I went on with you and that interesting guy from chemistry class. Didn't we start out the date by giving Curt's brother a blessing? So random. And I have always wanted to drive by Stephanie Nielsen's house! Apparently when I live here I don't take advantage of being in the area. :)
Aww. I love all of Provo. Wasnt that just the best time of life ? Trying to scare people, leaving creepy love notes on random dorms, throwing pickles at passing cars... The glory days.
Post a Comment