May 5, 2012

a grand visit

Whenever we're in Salt Lake City, Mark and I take an afternoon to go visit my Barrett Grandparents. Visits with them are always a good time. They tell stories, ask questions, listen to us tell our silly stories, and we usually end up leaving with all sorts of towels, blankets, and candies. 

Here's what the visit 'arrangement' was this time around. 
My dad was lucky enough to escape the camera's reach:

Mont is talking to my dad.. probably something about pirates or caves or tigers:

When everyone was visiting, I snuck my camera out to take some pictures of my mother's art they have around. Then I got caught up in all the other art and took pictures of work done by my uncle and grandparents (both) as well. This one is possibly my favorite, done by my mother:

A lot of these are very, very small, but I was still able to increase the size fine. 
Mom! Imagine what Mark's camera could do!

No signature on this one, so I'm not sure who was the artist. If I had to guess, I'd say Mom..?

Another very small one:

This was probably an inch and a half by three? Puny!

Another teeny tiny one:

This one might be my second favorite one of my mom's. 
The delicate little stem with leaves just gives it a touch I love:

This was done by my Grandmother! There are only two around their condo that I could see, done by her. She is far more talented than I ever even knew:

In their condo, these hang very high on their wall, so these pictures are at a slant, then cropped. 
I can't even make out the signature, but I believe these are done by my mother's brother, 
my Uncle Brett. 

Second of the pair:

Tiny:

This is small as well but enlarged alright:

I am SO sad this came out blurry.. it was in too dark of a hallway for my shaky hand to take a clear picture... maybe I should have brought up the tripod. This is one of my top three favorites:

2 comments:

Kris said...

Your mom has always had so many awesome gifts. One of which being able to capture beauty. I have one of hers as well and it always brings a smile!

LMemory said...

Seriously, Tess. You are all so talented. What a wonderful gift to be able to pass on to generations. Love you Jayci!