For a Christmas present, we gave this boy Fantasia (the original and 2000). The first time we watched it, he could not care less about it. But all the sudden the last week or so, it's all he asks for. He loves the "horses" which incorporates the pegasus, centaurs, the satyrs, the cherubs, and the thunder and lightening gods. I love it because there are no words, just music. It was one of the movies we were allowed to watch on a Sunday afternoon after church when my sister and I were kids. So yesterday we watched it in the quiet hours of our Sunday. Mont always has loved classical music, making up story lines as the music ebbs and flows, crescendos, growing more and more exciting, then lulls back into the pace it began. This movie for him has probably been just a manifestation of what he already visualizes as he listens to instrumental music. This kid has a thing for the classics.
Here is the boy last October at Gardner's Village in Utah. We've been able to go every year so far to see all the cute witches they have flying, crashing, and floating around the shops and storefronts. It's been a lot of fun, and this picture still has a place on my fridge (in b&w) because I cannot get enough of this sarcastic face. I think he's got a lot of fun in store for me.
*This post is part of the 52 portrait series: a portrait, once a week, every week, in 2013.*
No comments:
Post a Comment