January 19, 2013

Reeder's Digest | distinguished visitors


The night of the day I found the star-flake, was the night Stacey and Molly flew into town - ha! did that make sense? The kids were so excited to wake up to them the next morning. Saturday we were expecting a non-snow blizzard: strong enough winds that would kick up enough snow to make blizzard-like conditions.. sounds so fun. Mark was signed up to be the "Point Of Contact" for showing the plane off to some cheerleaders who were here from Minnesota for a Pre-Superbowl Extravaganza Party.. sounds so fun. They call these cheerleaders, "distinguished visitors" since they were setting up VIP things for them and all, but we had our own DVs to show around base! We threw as many layers on the kids as we could, hats, coats, what have you and hugged them tight as we ran ice skated from the car, through the gate, and 500+ more ft to the hangar. It was beyond freezing, and with the wind it truly hurt to breathe, if you could indeed take a breath. The kids even began to cry because it was so cold and harsh.. I couldn't help but think of pioneers and their sweet children. Ah, before I cry, I'll get back on track. We took these kids and ladies in to see Mark's plane before the cheerleaders showed up, to get our own pictures taken with it. It was great! I never thought I'd get a picture with it, and just so you know, this might be the last you'll ever see of it on this blog! I'm so proud of my Mark! He does so much for our country, and no one will ever even know about it. Shhhh.. :) so fun to be apart of something like his job, even if I'm just on the home front. I love him and am so proud to be his partner in this adventure. Mont's pretty dang proud of his dad too. He was struttin' his stuff with his [too] little jacket. Emmy... well, she's just too cute. It was so fun for Mont and Emmy to run and dance around the plane, and for Stacey to see what her son flies. Distinguished Visitors to be sure.



3 comments:

The Mursets said...

That plane is so cool! I am glad you guys got to have your own VIP tour! How fun for the kids :)

Mars said...

SO COOL!! You look darling in your outfit but I think I'm esp loving Emmy's pink cowgirl boots! Stay warm!!! You are so adventurous-perfect match :)

Anonymous said...

Your family is Darling!