I thought I'd seen sundogs before, but I didn't realize just what they were supposed to look like until I pulled out of our garage for church on Sunday. Mont was sick, and Mark was at work, and I had to play the piano for the last two hours of Primary. Leaving the kids with Stacey and Molly, I set out on the ice-blown roads for town. What I saw in the sky when I started to drive, made me hit the brakes almost instantly. It was insane!
This is what a sun dog is truly like, but my phone pictures are even darker than it was in person. Incredible, miraculous, divine, celestial... I can't think of profound enough adjectives to get my point across, so these pictures will just have to suffice. My first views of it were only half the whole thing.
When I pulled on to the main roads where there was enough horizontal view to see, I could see the entire full circle of the sundog. I was mesmerized.. I was lucky to make it to church because I was so distracted by this ... phenomenon.


1 comment:
That is spectacular! I have never seen anything like that before!
Post a Comment