January 18, 2013

seein' stars


This morning it all began at three thirty in the morning; Mont yelling and crying for us, as he walks in our room. Something about a dream; blueberries, he would tell me later (thanks, Willy Wonka). This continued for every 30 minutes or so, interrupted with bathroom breaks, until 5:30 when Mont fell asleep.

At 8:00 we hear, "it's YELLOW!" as we look at each other and realize that we overslept because of the awful morning. Normally that "yellow siren" goes off right at 7:00 when the kids' good-nite-lite turns to the sun. They overslept as well.

Mark has a sim later in the afternoon, but planning goes on in the morning, from 8 - 12, for which he's late! No rush... I go out to shovel the drive while he eats breakfast with the kids watching Ichabod (and Mont has bad dreams about blueberries???). It's slick out, but I avoid slipping, as I notice a star-flake right on the freshly shoveled driveway amongst the rain-like hail that is falling.

Maybe it's a good omen.

We finally get out the door, back out of the garage, ... and the garage door won't go down. Great. Mark asks, "is the snow shovel blocking the sensor?" "No, I don't think so... maybe?" He goes and checks, nodding to himself that yes, he was right. He walks to the car...

Then he's starts to skid, and whoosh! He goes down.

So much for that good omen!

We get him to work, then go pick him up for lunch after I get ready. Where is this day going?!

When he gets in the car he tells us that "Grandma Stacey and Aunt Molly are coming tonight!"

The day starts to smile again. ... Well, let's be honest. The day started smiling when I got to get ready!

Mark leaves again to get to his sim, after which my neighbor comes over to show me her mom's meatball sauce recipe. Holy Heavens, its the best I've ever had. My house now smells utterly amazing.. makes me feel accomplished somehow. ha!

Hope everyone found their star-flakes today too.

*And read their scriptures and said their prayers. That helps a lot too. :) 

No comments: