January 20, 2013

3/52: Stacey


Meet "Grandma Stacey." This wonderful woman is Mark's mother, and sweetheart to Mont and Emmy.  Mark and I are so lucky to have our mothers; both raised us with music, culture, travel, fun, and taught us how to organize, clean, respect ourselves and others, and love the gospel. I love watching Stacey with our children. She raised 5 and has so many ways of helping children avoid trouble, I wish I had a notebook filled with her ideas. She has this way of understanding just what the child needs (mine or others), whether it's something to learn, something to distract, something to hold or someone to be silly with. It is so natural for her to recognize 'disaster' and divert it with something equally good and fun, neutralizing the child's encroaching bad mood. It's truly awe-inspiring to see her with Mont and Emmy, who love her more than candy itself. Always fun, always loving, always caring, and always Stacey. I love this Mother-in-law of mine.


No comments: