October 13, 2007

Reeder's Digest

Last night we decided to go to an Altus High Football Game! It was crazy! It was like in one of those movies like Friday Night Lights (which I don't recommend, I walked out!..which is unlike me) where football games is the happenin' place on a Friday night. The stadium was made out of old Sandstone Bricks that gave it a medieval feel, and it was packed! Even the visitors side was full of Demons. Demons was the opposing team mascot. No! I'm not that mean.

While I was there I felt like I had never graduated from High School. It was a lot of fun to experience with Mark, since we didn't know eachother in high school, so it was like being high school sweethearts. And it felt just like Las Vegas, warm and really windy. Hence the tight back hair and little wispies that have escaped!

We went with our good friend Josh Q. who is also going to Alaska with us - his wife Nikki and son Christian had to stay in Del Rio while he is here TDY. Here's the picture with him and Mark:

7 comments:

Candace said...

Even though I have been out of high school for quite some time now, I also find that it is fun to revisit for sports events.

aubrey said...

how fun! i can't even remember the last football game i went to. it might have been in high school. or college. maybe it was one in high school and one in college. that's about it. two football games in my life.

Anonymous said...

And Mark's hair looks perfect in the wind!!

Marie said...

Sounds like fun! I miss sporting events - more college than high school, but that would do for a fix. :)

Jayci said...

Candace, it was a lot of fun to go back, more so than I thought it would be anyway.

Aubrey, that is really funny. I wasn't much of a football-game-goer either. I wish I had gone to more of them when I was at BYU, but I suppose now is the time!

Linda, isn't that the truth? I wish guys knew what we had to put up with!

Marie, it was the perfect fix. Now I know what I am missing - the nachos and pizza, and what I'm not missing - the huddles! It was chilly after a while.

Christina said...

That is why I love the midwest because there is such a sense of community spirit out there that the west just doesn't have. Are you going to go to a college football game. That would be crazy!! Especially since Oklahoma has such a good football team. I know that at Nebraska the stadium by itself became the second largest city in the state on game days. Once again, I am so jealous.

Jamie said...

Altus... you are not far from me at all. I live about 12 miles from Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls, TX.