October 30, 2007

all Hallow's Eve


While sipping on smooth and delicious pumpkin smoothies and thinking how Mark should go about making his homemade rootbeer, we brought out the steak knives and started carving our delightfully round pumpkins. As a new Reeder Tradition, we've begun an Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest.

All day I've been longing for a traditional pumpkin head, but I had just watched The Adventures of Ichabod and I really liked the Headless Horseman Pumpkin-substitute look; the pumpkin was even the perfect shape. It looks like it's leaning back and about to come after you! So I did a mixture. Mark decided to pull at the heart strings and make a buck-toothed cutie pumpkin-pie.

Because this is a contest, I ask you to submit one vote: for either Mark's or mine (no pressure on voting for mine). If you're family I'll try sending you an email to make it 'official' as well, if I've got your email. Stakes are high - the winner gets to choose a dinner to be made and cleaned up by the loser (I know, ultimate high stakes). If Mark looses, this is the Zoolanderish face he'll be giving you next time you cross paths.

6 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I vote for your pumpkin! It is awesome!!! I love them both, but I honestly have never seen a headless-horseman inspired pumpkin before!

Ever since you mentioned the pumpkin smoothie, I have been dying to go!!

aubreyannie said...

i vote for yours. it's so artistic! i love it!! happy halloween!

Holly said...

I'm going to have to vote for Mark's--I'm a sucker for cute, cartoon-like pumpkins. They both look great, though!

Marie said...

I like them both, they're awesome and MUCH better than ours!!! I am the worst mom on the planet - we never did ours because I kept waiting for Peter to get home early enough to do them together as a family, and he didn't....so no carved pumpkins! :( We will probably go ahead and do them anyway, and unless I date the pictures, the girls really won't care and they won't know unless I tell them when they're older ;) I hope you guys had a fun Halloween!!

Beth said...

I am all about scary Halloween so my vote is for yours. They both look great though. I feel pretty pathetic bc we didn't even buy pumpkins this year. :( We were so busy with no time to carve and I knew that they would just rot. However, I did buy a miniature pumpkin and make pumpkin stew last night in honor of All-Hallows-Eve. It was yummy.

Jayci said...

4 votes for mine, 2 votes for Markiss'. I'll let him know gently. Thanks ladies!

Holly - no worries, I told him I vote for his too because he did it all by freehand. It was impressive!