December 15, 2007

looming winter

Across the street, next to the now-plowed cotton fields, sits this old forsaken shack. Constructed of rubble and loose wood, I think it's shelter for two horses and a little donkey.

5 comments:

Deena said...

I hope someone feeds the horses and donkey.
I like that picture a lot.

Jayci said...

HI glittersmama! There is a house next to this (just to the left of where the picture ends), but you're right. One of the two horses has always looked extremely skinny, but the other two look healthy and fit. So i hope so too.

aubreyannie said...

that is a very pretty picture. but. wow. you live way out there, girl. if that is across the street.

Jayci said...

ha! It seems that way, but it's just because this is next to three fields on either side. Promise. The base is to the left, the city is about a mile to the right, and there are neighboring houses just about 2 lots down. I just zeroed in on my 'target'.

Deena said...

Hey...what base are you at? You can email me if you want. glittersmama at gmail dot com