Already, the search has begun for choosing colors for the home we will settle into in Alaska. In our previous home in Texas we had three rooms painted, one wall in another room swathed in dark fabric (a quick fix instead of paint), and repainted our bedroom to a lighter blue. Chelsea, I never got back to you, but that color was Cumberland Fog from Behr.I've chalked this pasttime of mine up to a hobby. Back in Texas the search began for light spring-like colors for a "winter room" to keep us awake during the dark and dreary days, but I didn't give a much thought about a "summer room" to unwind in when the sun stays up past it's usual bed time. I think I have about... oh I'll just count them.. I have: 29 from tonight + 27 from before = yes, 56 paint swatches. Watch out mom and dad, I'm bringing them to Christmas for us all to stare and awe at. O! I'm just so happy!
5 comments:
wow. jayci, those are a lot of paint swatches. i think i would get overwhelmed, myself. what i normally have done in the past when trying to decide, is look through magazines for rooms that i like and then find a similar color. paint is a very big decision for me. but i love it and must have the living areas in my house/apartment painted. good luck!
56 swatches! Thats a little much. I think you still need to do some more narrowing down. Your house was beautiful here, and I'm pretty sure your house is going to be glamorous there. When ever you do get settled in you will have to post some pics so we can see your lovely work.
yes, 56 paint swatches IS a ton. But I have groups of different versions of the same color. Then I see if it lasts the test of time. We won't get to an Alaskan house until about Feb. so if I still like certain colors then, it'll be a lot easier. Plus, when we have our furniture again it'll be a lot easier to compare. :) But yes, 56 IS a lot.
Being a budding interior designer, I have a love of paint swatches. I happen to own a 300 dollar fan deck of the hottest colors of 2008. It is very secrety haha. BUt anyway, I love your idea of having a summer room and a winter room...how presh!
Oh fun, paint swatches!! When you're done with them, did you know you can use them as layers on cards? You just trim off the edge with the numbers or words and they're cool "papers" you can use! Sorry to be absent from posting on your blog. I've been feeling pretty crummy - still am - but I'm bound and determined to go from being "inactive" to making it to Church for the first Sunday in a month!! Hope you guys are doing well and are germ free for Christmas!!! How many days/weeks do you have left at Altus, not too many, right? Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment