Because of recent moves, we have been smuggling Mr. Buckwheat into our hotel room a couple of times. When a friend of ours offered to keep him at their house we jumped at their generosity. He started off a little jumpy around our friend's dogs, then quickly adjusted to their form of mellow-playing. After a couple of good days, he got sick from eating too much of a different dog food, so we called it quits. (Tim you're a good friend!) We smuggled him in one last time to our hotel room last night and tried to shush a bark from his new found hobby of barking at strange noises. It was pretty funny thinking he might give himself away. But Buckwheat got the other two dogs to howl (we only let Buckers howl at sirens), so I thought it was an even trade. This morning I took him back to the kennel so he can rest easy and bark and howl all he wants (I think he lets it out when he's away from us). What a little trooper! He was actually pretty excited to see the lady in the kennel, so I know he's in good hands.January 9, 2008
little criminal
Because of recent moves, we have been smuggling Mr. Buckwheat into our hotel room a couple of times. When a friend of ours offered to keep him at their house we jumped at their generosity. He started off a little jumpy around our friend's dogs, then quickly adjusted to their form of mellow-playing. After a couple of good days, he got sick from eating too much of a different dog food, so we called it quits. (Tim you're a good friend!) We smuggled him in one last time to our hotel room last night and tried to shush a bark from his new found hobby of barking at strange noises. It was pretty funny thinking he might give himself away. But Buckwheat got the other two dogs to howl (we only let Buckers howl at sirens), so I thought it was an even trade. This morning I took him back to the kennel so he can rest easy and bark and howl all he wants (I think he lets it out when he's away from us). What a little trooper! He was actually pretty excited to see the lady in the kennel, so I know he's in good hands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
jayci
When do you guys head to Alaska? It has to be coming up soon. How are you doing? I love reading your blog, I feel like you write about things that make me think.
haha thats funny! Did you really take him into the hotel in a box? :) Buckwheat will be glad when he gets to his new home. I'm sure you guys will be too!
That is so funny. I can just see y'all now sneaking him in the hotel. Good thing he is a small dog. I still think that is the best name ever. You can never go wrong with a name like Buckwheat!
Thanks, Aimee! We should have been starting our move next week, but mark's flight-partner got sick today (they were supposed to fly tomorrow), so they're pushed back yet another week. :) Go figure, right? ha ha
Mauri - actually, this picture was taken when we moved out of our apartment before Christmas, but to get him into the hotel I put him in a small duffle bag (after a few tries he finally got in!) then put it in a laundry basket, THEN put clothes on top of it. haha! he was moving around so much. You're right though, we will be SO happy when we get to Anchorage; all of us.
Liz Ann - it was pretty funny; the first try had his head sticking out of the bag, looking around. I just about doubled over and dropped the basket from laughing so hard. Buckwheat is a good name for him cuz he's so cute!! Mark watched the old little rascals when he was young and his favorite was always Buckwheat.
i seriously think buckwheat is the cutest name! and he looks like such a cutie!! poor little guy to be going through all this change.
Post a Comment