January 5, 2008

new banner

I photographed this flower pod at the Japanese Temple (mentioned below) while on vacation. The surroundings were pristine; I couldn't let my camera not get a taste.

10 comments:

aubreyannie said...

sooo beautiful! i love it. and i'm glad you're back!

Beth said...

Oh, how fun to go to Hawaii! Someday soon we hope to travel there. Your pictures are lovely. Have I told you that I think you are an amazing photographer? i do. Everytime I look at your blog I think it! Good luck with the rest of your move.

Marie said...

Another beautiful picture, Jayci!!! You should enter some contests - most bases have them every now and then. It's an easy way to ease into "really" being a photographer. I'm sure you could make the transition from hobbyist to professional. By the way, PLEASE call me before you're actually in Del Rio so that I can make sure I'm here/not doing anything. I would love to catch up. I'm trying to run around and keep myself and Sarah busy though with Peter gone these next 5 weeks, so I want to make sure I'm around. Take care!!

Liz Ann said...

I love the way you always have a picture of some random object, and have a nice little descriptive insight on it. I never would really put that much thought into things, but you really have started to change my views on things. Life is BEAUTIFUL!

Jayci said...

Thanks, everyone for the compliments! I think this is my fovorite banner thus far. I love the thick, soft leaves and the colors behind it.

Liz Ann- having a camera on hand almost always made me start thinking like that. I have an appreciation for my surroundings that I haven't always had. You put it so nicely. I love that you're thinking like that as well. :)

Holly said...

I love this picture! You are quite the photographer!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

It's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It is stunning. I see you share my interest in pods :^) In answer to you question, I've taken a few art classes and my mom is an artist so I had plenty of practice. But mostly I'm self taught.. I love your photographs. I'll definitely come by again.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! You are such a good photographer!

MC Lewis said...

Hawaii sur is beautiful. My first area on my mission was Honolulu. I used to live on one of those streets behind Punchbowl. I miss it everytime I see pictures.