February 16, 2008

2 years

2 years ago, my ring on the left was joined by Mark's ring on the right. His has more wear on it, just like any good man-ring should. These two rings have been with us through pilot training, four moves, dancing, yard work, game nights, and some unfortunate cooking incidences. But what is even more important than these two pretty rings is what they represent. The past two years of our marriage have been very wonderful, and not as hard as many people warned us it would be. We are very grateful for our experiences and our love; that like Elvis said, isn't as strong as it will be tomorrow.  

8 comments:

Mars said...

that is a really cool picture!! I can't believe you've been married for 2 years already! Time flies!

aubreyannie said...

so sweet. congratulations to you both!! and your ring is very beautiful. i agree with the first year stigma. everyone always says that it is the hardest, but paul and i thought quite the opposite. it's been wonderful always.

C&C said...

your ring is so gorgeous!

MC Lewis said...

I didnt realize your anniversary was this last week. Congrats!! Were you guys able to do anything? How is it having your car back now? Thanks again for having us over at your parents for dessert. It was so yummy!!

Liz Ann said...

Your so creative and artsy with your pictures. Why don't you become a photographer? I know you love it.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

That picture is beautiful! What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary!

Holly said...

Congratulations on 2 years! The time goes by so fast!

Marie said...

Congrats on 2 years down and an eternity to go! I've enjoyed catching back up with you on your blog today - I can't see the pics in the post for yesterday (25 Feb) but I'm sure they're great like the rest of them are! Take care, and keep in touch!