We arrived at the Alaskan Ferry on Friday at about 2:00, made some friends as we waited in line, and then boarded the biggest ferry I have ever seen at about 5:30. There were U-hauls, and semi-trucks being loaded! The red expedition with the roof box on top is an awesome military family we met who are going to Anchorage as well. They have three kids (the oldest is almost my age, a little strange thinking I've been married 2 years!), a dog and a cat. We will be caravanning with them on our way up through Canada and back down.
We got situated in our room, #171, and were happy to find that it was on the right side of boat. If we never left our room, we still would have had a great view. This picture was right after we set our bags down. This is a coast guard boat that followed us up for a while.
A little while after we started moving, there were small islands and inlets everywhere:
The internet was really weak on the ferry, so every time I tried uploading pictures, it would fail. Now we're at the Captain's Choice Motel in Haines, AK and the internet is off-and-on stronger. Ferry day 2 coming up!
5 comments:
What fun adventures you guys are having! I'm not jealous about the cold weather you will have up there, but I am jealous of the adventures! I'm so glad you're keeping us all updated. Good luck, and have fun!
I love your updates! You're having way too much fun. Keep enjoying it all.
P.S. How far away will you be from Anchorage?
P.P.S. STILL NO CHIPOTLE PICTURES!
That is so cool!! The views are gorgeous, Jayci.
love your pictures! we LOVE playing skipbo! He used to be me all the time but now we've reversed roles.
Post a Comment