February 17, 2008

U2

Last night, Mark took me to go see the U2 Imax concert. It was so exciting! The messages of peace in their songs resonated so powerfully and loudly, that you couldn't help but be moved as Bono was singing 3 feet from your face. This 3D recording was done while on a final stop of their Vertigo Tour to Latin America. 

We thought that it was even better than a real concert! You weren't bumping up against sweaty people, you get all the close-ups you want (6 inches from Bono's outstretched hand), messages relayed on the screen, and it still seems like the crowd is all around you. I almost sang along as all the audience did when he held out the microphone; good thing I had the constant reminder from the big glasses that it wasn't real. 

If you like U2, the 3rd dimension, and you have an Imax somewhere near, I highly recommend this experience. 
* these photos I took through the glass' lense. I was pleasantly surprised that it worked (still 2D, but you get the gist). I had to get Larry Mullen (the drummer) because whenever you have a good drummer, it brings the music to life. Good drumming + excellent vocals + great guitarists = U2. Go see it. You won't be sorry.

6 comments:

aubreyannie said...

jayci, this sounds amazing. i am instantly checking the imax at the seattle center to see if it's coming or HERE. i love u2 so much, so does paul and this sounds fantastic. thanks for the info and the pictures you took are really cool.

aubreyannie said...

it's here too! sweet. i told paul i want to go and he said, "ok."

aubreyannie said...

sold out.

Jayci said...

oh NO! Aubrey I hope it's not sold out every day! I thought of you guys when we went because of all the recent U2 songs you have had on your blog. Let me know when it's NOT sold out so you can go sometime soon!

Liz Ann said...

That sounds like so much fun. I didn't know they did concerts in 3D like that. How cool. I'll have to try those out in the future...you know when we get out of Del Rio...

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I didn't even know about this! I so want to go now!!