A few days ago, Mark and I were in the car and were tired of our usual playlists, so I grabbed my small collection of favorite CDs that for some reason aren't all on my ipod. I went straight for the Shall We Dance? soundtrack. I was in the mood for something fast paced and spicy. We enjoyed the whole disc, then it came to track 10. This particular song, was one I played through the night when I was younger; so simple, so peaceful, so heartening, and so disarming. It's one of those songs that makes you well up with tears of overwhelming happiness. I know you each have your own songs that you love so much, but this silly little song does wonders for me. I hope you enjoy this small addition to my neglected blog.
As for the movie, I love Jennifer Lopez movies (don't roll your eyes!) and Richard Gere is just so suave, how can you NOT like him?! This movie has intense dancing, an engaging story line, and is simply sweet. I don't know if you've seen it, or are even interested, but this song tells the whole feel of the movie. I love it.
10 comments:
I love this song! Thanks for sharing it! I'm off to my blog to add this one to the small little collection I have. :)
Ok, ok, I'll give you the fact that Peter Gabriel has some good songs. Really, he does. "In your eyes" was a great song...
J-Lo?
Sorry, I threw up in my mouth a little and had to withdraw....:-)
Anywho, you need to download a song by Peter Cetera named "have you ever been in love." If you don't cry, I'll be surprised.
Trust me.
ah, I love happening upon those songs. You forget about 'em in the busy-ness of life, and they're that much better when you find them again! One of mine is Sarah MacLachlan's Song for a Winter's Night. (It's on my blog!)
so sweet! i read and sing to my kids every night, makes me realize how important it will be to my kids when they are older. it's a good realization on how important it really is for the times when i get tired of being a parent. thanks. enjoyed it.
Mmmmmm I love the song, the movie and especially Gere. He's yummy and then some!! :)
Sorry Just rolled my eyes. Although Selena and Shall We Dance are the only movies I like her in.
Okay Jayci.... I will allow you this one but J LO??? Ever since Jenny from the Block I have a hard time taking her serious. I too have my guilty pleasures like for instance, today I watched Lifetime movie network for like way too long and am totally embarassed. I think this is about on the J-Lo level.
How's the new job coming? When will we see you guys next? We need to catch up!
My mom and I love that movie! Our fav part is when he comes up the escalator to see his wife, in a tux with a red rose..I just melt... :)
so funny..i have this dvd and have had it for months and months..on loan from a friend but we have never watched it! i love your taste in movies, so i better watch it soon!
and this song i am listening to is really sweet..thanks for sharing!
I already have it saved as one of my favorite all times...I concur!
Post a Comment