August 11, 2008

zoo trip

Like all good zoo trips, some animals, like this polar bear, were asleep with their bums to the camera. Mark and I still thought it was pretty impressive with those huge paws. On with the bears, we saw black bears (one of which loved to dance for us), and these two grizzlies: 
There were three tigers, Molly and Michael mastered some animal calls and actually got some responses from the above grizzly bears (a look of utter annoyance), and some curious perk-ups from los tigres. 
Some action shots of the wolves during which I was holding my umbrella and camera so tight I had white knuckles and near-piercings from the little knobs and buttons. I know, I'm a wimp.
Three injured bald eagles who have been in the zoo for about 30+ years, each. They are beautiful. 
Having guests really lets you see and do things out of the norm! 
Other animals we saw: 
camel (2 humped camel!)
alpacas (with noogie-hair)
mountain goats (one was pregnant)
a snow leopard (like the polar bear, had it's bum to the camera)
lots of owls and other birds
a lone coyote
moose (2 babies, 1 female, and 1 huge male)
big cow-things
reindeer (much smaller than I thought)
.... and I'm probably missing a few more. It was a great little zoo!

5 comments:

Wendy Christensen said...

I love the zoo - thanks for a glimpse of the 'animal fun'!! :)

Speaks Family said...

I am a zoo fanatic. Jared however is not a zoo fan. I have to beg him to take me. He has promised to take me to the Alaska Zoo though but I have your blog now in case he changes his mind, sniff sniff.

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

I think your zoo trip was better than my zoo trip! All we saw were animals mating! It was quite the experience! At least you got to see some sleeping, dancing, etc.. Haha! Love the song by the way!!

KristenL said...

We just went to the zoo last Saturday too! Luke loved it. Of course, most of the animals were sleeping or MIA. Just like you said. Our highlight: the mating turtles and the children walking by saying, What are they doing??

Chell said...

I love love love the zoo! I laughed out loud though when I read the one comment about all the animals mating at the zoo...!!