August 9, 2007

I forgot about Harry



I had forgotten about a lot of pictures I have taken in the recent past and I am going to try to post more blogs in the next few days of these oh-so-fun pictures that I have snapped around Del Rio. Here is the opening night of the 7th Harry Potter book at the one and only supercenter in Del Rio... you guessed it! Wal Mart, aka Wally World. My friend Rachael asked if I wanted to go with her (I think so she wouldn't feel totally weird), and I said, "I better experience this at least once, especially since I'm reading the books and all." So we went and I had a fun time. Rachael was pretty quiet and trying to not be one of the 'wierd ones'. But I had wished we dressed up or done something crazy like that. I had made Mark a shirt (that I will take a picture of) that says on the back, "Well I have a Nimbus 3000". If you read the first H.P. book, and understand that Mark likes to go 'against the grain just because he can', then this would be kinda funny to you!

It was a lot of fun seeing all the excitement that everyone had. It was a really small Opening Night, but that is what I get for living on the border. I still got a "Slytherin" wrist-band out of it. Mark loved wearing it for a couple days. Yep - he's a Harry hater...how sad for him!

3 comments:

Mars said...

Mark dislikes a lot of things huh? Maybe if you make him wear it aand watch the HP movies he'll end up liking them...kinda like Buckwheat. He didn't like Buckwheat and now he loves that doggie! That's so fun you went. I have all the HP books and keep saying I'll read but they got packed when we moved to AZ and now we don't know where they are!

Jayci said...

Mauri - that's so sad!! I hope you can find them. I'm 1/2 way through the 6th, (re-reading of course) and I'm so excited to start the 7th one, ...finally

Anonymous said...

Jayci! haha you wouldn't have dressed up if you had wanted too! Your blog is so creative! Alot more than mine which is just pictures of Macey! Keep up the good work!