Mark and I set a goal when we first moved here to baptize someone. A few months ago (in January) I was over at a neighbors house... on a Sunday night for a girl's party. I always turned her down, but that night I had the feeling I should go; strange, eh? So I went and met a new neighbor who asked me if I was mormon after I turned down some drinks. We started talking and I found out she (Holly Pike) was a member and her husband is not. So I found her, and we became friends. Mark and Dan (Holly's husband) became good friends and Dan became interested in the church. It was a marvel how it worked out so smoothly. Dan and Holly are expecting their first baby (a boy - yes, like our other neighbors) this Thursday, and Dan knew his baptism had been coming soon.

Here is Mark with Dan, then all four of us together, then the Pikes with our missionaries. I have to warn you I look pretty shanty b/c we had been driving all day! no time for a shower... however, it was a wonderful night! Mark and Dan made Holly and me proud. Couldn't have been any better.



No comments:
Post a Comment