October 12, 2008

first snow

Sunday night when Mark and I were driving to base, Anchorage's first snow of winter was falling. It was so beautiful! A little early, but still beautiful. That night, it was icy, slippery, and snowy, so I drove for the first time on icy roads. I chose to because Mark was in the car with me, and wouldn't be the next morning on my way to work. I did alright and learned some tips and cautions from my ice-skilled husband. 

Monday morning I saw 5 cars/trucks off the road and on their sides. I was warned that everyone forgets how to drive in the snow during the summer. Stupid. But I promise to not be 'one of those people.' Since Sunday and Monday, all the snow has melted. We are back to fall. But I am excited for winter!

8 comments:

Brian Stucki said...

The first snowfall of the year is always so fun!

{krista} said...

We woke up to an inch of snow today, too. It's beautiful!

Toni Ludlow said...

I love waking up to new snow!! Happened to me this morning! I got my frames and paper from roberts, Love that place!! Welcome back :)

Anonymous said...

I am SO excited for winter. Jeremy and I had hot chocolate tonight! Its freezing here in vegas but no snow :(

Anonymous said...

Laura's right it is freezing here in Vegas, but i bet it is colder for you! Good luck with driving in the snow and ice I hate driving when the weather is like that. Be careful!

Alec and Tiffany said...

Is it already that time again? I feel like winter was just here. But I agree with you, I am excited for christmas and all the other holidays. I just hate driving in it!!!

Chell said...

I have only seen snow once and it was so stunning! I wish it snowed here...

KristenL said...

ick. We had our first snow here, like 8 inches worth, and I hated it. It is all melted now, but I find myself being grateful I'm not in Alaska in the winter. I'm glad you're positive about it!