
I wanted to post this before it gets too wintery up here. Did I get your attention with this cute little guy above? In Alaska we have the strangest mushrooms that grow everywhere. Some grow in circles, others grow in little town-formations, and some just grow wherever they want to. Our friends, the Cochrans snapped the little troll pictures a while back, and I loved them!

This, above picture, was a huge mushroom somewhere behind our house. I took about 4 different angled shots of it, but this one was my favorite. I feel about the size of the little troll doll when I look at it.

Another one courtesy of J & J C. I think they said that the troll was picked up by a family member of theirs in Europe. I could be wrong, but I'm thinking Norway.

The above picture I took back in early August, right at the end of our yard; you can even see the clipped grass on the bottom left from the lawn mower. Notice the bright sunshine and clovers? mm.. it was so nice and warm then.

The parting shot. The mushrooms look just as real as the troll does. Thinking about mushrooms really makes me feel like a little kid again, and all the cartoons that used to be on; I'm sure you all remember the ones I'm talking about!
5 comments:
These are just to stunning for words! I love the way of life that you live there. It all seems so calm and laid back...like you appreciate all the small things that actually are really important, but that people are too busy and rushed to take notice of.
I have just made a promise to myself - I will see Alaska one day.
Chell - you are awesome. Thanks for the sweet, sweet compliment! It really enriches life when you look at life for the small things that make life happen. It really adds some serious depth! And then you get to blog about all the little, fun things :)
Well if you see Alaska, then I will see AFRICA! You are very fortunate to live in that area, too!
Those are just too cute!! Whenever we see mushrooms I point them out to the kids. After Daniel tries to eat them, I tell them that little animals sit under them to keep out of the rain. Not really entirely true - I'm sure it's happened before, but probably not a regular occurance!! I also tell them that toadstools are for little toads to sit on and have parties with eachother. I know - silly mommy - but I've got a couple of Princesses who love these kinds of tales :)
Great pics and glad to hear from you - it's been a while. Have you been busy?
Seriously?! Those mushrooms are huge! Those are great pictures like always. Did you ever get your new camera?
i absolutely love these pictures. what awesome mushrooms..they look almost magical!
Post a Comment