October 24, 2008

one purse and a puppy

I was able to have Thursday off this week, again, and instead of continuing the quilt (yes, this quilt), we had a one-day project. They were called Cute Jessi's instead of the trademarked name that Jodi C pulled the pattern from - oops. Last week I even helped her cut out all the patterns, and yet I still felt like a novice while sewing... until I looked at it last night upon completion. I love it: 
When I asked Tessa what colors she wanted she said purple and green so they compliment one another. I was really only supposed to have two colors, but I could not find a quilted fabric that I liked in either color. So I went bold and decided to match by not matching. The purple fabric is chaos with the brown, but the green adds just enough punch, that I think it works nicely. Oh Tessa, Merry Christmas. 
I made the pocket to be able to fit a cell phone in one pocket and then other, larger things, like makeup or a bottle of lotion, or a notepad (like I carry in my purse) for the other pocket. Tessa you better take good care of this heirloom!
Then the zippered pocket on the very front. ta da! Another ta da moment after I made Buckwheat look like a little scrappy puppy. I love his long Toto hair, but it was just becoming too hard to wash and clean because of the wet snow. Now he'll just have to be quicker outside:
pretty dang scrappy, but truth be told, he feels like velvet!

9 comments:

AKmamaof4 said...

Wow it turned out super cute! How long did you end up doing surgery on it? I had to do a lot of pickin today on my quilt. You're little dog is so cute. How old? Okay so we totally have to sit together again WITH Sara!

Smedley Family said...

oooo! I like it, you did a great job!

Darci Buhl said...

YOu do the cutest projects. I seriously wish we were neighbors or something so that I could learn how to do these things! The purse is adorable.

Tiffany said...

What kind of dog do you have? He is so cute! I am looking at getting a doggy hopefully!

Beth said...

So cute. Now I want to do the project. I love your color choices. It's fun and how non matching matches!

Anonymous said...

Ok so the purse is way awesome I could never do anythinglike that! But the puppy O my Gosh! He is so cute with no hair I mean he was cute before but man now I would give that cute little dog anything he wanted!

KristenL said...

k, woman! WOW! I love the purse! It looks incredibly perfect. Way to go! And the puppy is as adorable as ever. I love that rug, too. Where'd you get it?

Mars said...

Good job! I wouldn't know how to sew a purse that good. You're so creative. I love the colors. And I LOVE that rug little Buckwheat is laying on! Where di dyou get it?

aubreyannie said...

what a cute picture of buckwheat! and that purse is amazing..nice job, jayci!