October 21, 2008

Halloween with the Reeders

Featuring....
Full dinner, including roast, potatoes, my first green bean casserole ever (turned out as a success!), pie, pumpkin cookies, and ...
Caramel Apples:
Musical Chairs:
Donut-String Contest:
El Guapo the Pinata: 
*while swinging at Guapo, we were listening to Nacho Libre music, and inside Guapo were all sorts of free candies and coupons. Including: Free Parking at the Reeder's (offer valid only once) and the movie Nacho Libre! aye, aye, aye! *notice the whoopie cushion costume? 

Limbo! 

and Pin/Stick the Wart/Gum on the Witch:
*while trying to avoid all the other pieces of gum. Go Megan!

12 comments:

MC Lewis said...

I love the idea of using gum for that game. Of course the is a version for the older crowd!

Marie said...

Oh, what fun!!!! I tried my hand at caramel apples this year and they didn't work. I thought the caramel was cool enough, thick enough, or whatever, but NO - it all slid off of the apples into huge pools at the bottom. Not fun for the kids. Oh well. Looks like you guys had fun! :)

Beth said...

So much fun! I have always wanted to have a halloween party but never do. You have inspired me! I love your decor. I am sure people have a blast!

Darci Buhl said...

How fun! I really want to have a halloween party one of these years, but we'll see. I love your decorations! I'm totally inspired.

The Willis Wonder Years said...

That all looks so awesome! You Reeders sure know how to party. Those caramel apples look heavenly. We miss you guys so much!

KristenL said...

ahhh, that candy apple looks SO tasty! The party seems like it was a blast! I love all the games! Makes me wish I had an adult Halloween party to go to, like this one! So what did you dress up as? (I think I'll have to be a whoopie cushion next year.)

P.S. Did you recognize the fangs in the pictures on my blog? Yep, from the adventure to WalMart we had, oh, YEARS ago! ;) And NO, not the used ones! gross.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Can I copy you? I love the party idea and I am throwing a party on Friday!! Everything turned out beautiful...seriously...you are bomb.

{krista} said...

Those caramel apples look SO GOOD!

kris said...

Wow, good job! That looks awesome! i am totally inspired now to do that. What a fun party!!!

Aaron and Celina said...

that looked like soo much fun! i totally would have gone if i lived in alaska :) your decorations were so cute!! you're so creative!

Smedley Family said...

Jayci!!!!! It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOO cool! I am TOTALLY bummed that we missed it!!! Do it again . . . do it again!!! haha. But seriously, I'm sorry we missed it, I hate conflicting things! You outdid yourself! The basement looked AMAZING!!!

aubreyannie said...

jayci, this is one freakin awesome party!! i will have to bookmark this to use in the future. you are the best!