October 10, 2009

fiesta

*notice my unintentional play on words? I was glad people thought I meant to do that...

Tonight at our church building, the ward missionaries (that us!) threw a !FIESTA! I think it was a hit (I can only speculate because I left after 40 minutes!). I had drawn up these invites with the help of my brother in law (who dictated it to me in Spanish... muchas gracias, Miguelito!), and they were passed out two Sundays ago at church, and extras were taken for members to pass out to their neighbors. I wish I had the guts to ask our friends up the street. I've asked them before, and I've gotten both yeses and noes (yes, these are BOTH words!! I learn so much from this mac-daddy-lap-top), and I felt like I should lay off a bit this time.... so I did... shameful!

ANYWAY. I took a little snack chalupa that my friend from the clinic showed me. She was from Mexico and named Rose Marie - what a fun lady! She just came up with this one day for lunch. All you need are the flat tostada shells, smashed avocados, salsa, diced tomatoes, garlic powder, salt and pepper. And Voila!.. or... AYE! AYE! AYE!
And just for a pinch of cuteness.. Mark found Mont sleeping ever so cutely in his swing this afternoon while I was preparing these. Soooo properly cozy.
I hope you all had a Fiesta-full Friday night too! Now it's off to hit my hay-stack. Arctic Bazaar tomorrow. ARRIBA.

8 comments:

Mars said...

haha I love how you added the AYE! AYE! AYE! & ARRIBA! That seriously made me laugh. First of all, cutest apron & those things you were making looked delish! I'm sure the party was great-you planned it! Yumm now I'm hungry for Mexican food. Mont looks so stinkin cute all cozy in his swing...I love how his hands are crossed like that. Presh.

Jordan said...

haha- Hispanish?? was that the play on words? reminds me of "slickery" which I picked up from adrianne. :o) but yes the food looked delicious and did you really cook with that apron on, or put it on for a good picture?? either way I'm in favor! haha! sorry about your friends... I would have done the same thing. Once you get a "noe" its a little discouraging...

Smedley Family said...

too cute that properly cozy one is!! he looks like he is praying! :)

Brittany B said...

Mont looks so cute and cozy, and more like you in this picture. I'm excited for you to visit your parents at Christmas. Hopefully we'll get to see you guys.

Jayci said...

Mauri & Jo - Mark got me the apron from Anthropolgie last year... and YES I was cooking in it - HA HA, JO. I didn't start with it on, but once I started smashing the avocados, I realized I was making a mess... so on went the apron.

Lisa - Funny you are... that, or Yoda? :)

Tess - SOOO excited for you to see schmally!

Britt - I hope to see you then!

Matt and Tanya Wonderly said...

Jayci! You are soo stinkin cute and always the nicest. Seriously...I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You have always been one of the nicest girls I have ever known. I wish we lived closer to each other. P.S. Is that a Peter Lik painting you have?? I want that painting that you have so badly!! We were so close to getting it a little while back!!

aubreyannie said...

oh yum. i am really wishing i had those ingredients! and could kiss that little sleeping boy. he is DARLING. so cozy and love that polka dotted blanket.

Kristina said...

You make me laugh! You are so funny and cute!