October 17, 2009

unusual


This October has been very unusual! Lots of fog and rain, but no snow yet!! In fact, all of the snow on the mountains near our home has melted. It's funny because all over up here, there are bumper stickers that read:

"Alaskans FOR Global Warming!"

But I'm wondering where this dang snow is! We're also wondering if it's warmer for longer, does that mean there will be unusual amounts of snow this winter? And if so, we will have lots of fun sitting inside watching it fall in the night time sky.

The sun doesn't begin it's day until about 8:30 these days, and I'm enjoying it. At night, the sun will go down about 7:30. The darkness is coming!

Here's a small bull moose we saw near base (near the above picture, just different day), when it got to where the fence corners off he just stood there staring at it; the dunce hat just wouldn't fit over those antlers. I'm pretty sure he's the son of Bullwinkle.

4 comments:

MC Lewis said...

That weather looks so cool! I love the snow and the cozy feeling you get when it comes! By the way I am glad you like my choice in music. I heard that song I think at the end of the movie and I just had to know what it was called. By the way Mark's brother just moved up there to your neck of the woods. I belive they are living on base right now.

Mars said...

I'm not gonna lie, I'm really wishing I had weather like that right now. It's still 100 degrees out here. It cooled off last week to like 80's but we're back up in the 90's & I swear it had to be close to a 100 today. Yuck. That's really funny about the moose...and "the dunce hat just wouldn't fit over those antlers" haha. Son of Bullwinkle!

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of the Moose, the weather looks so beautiful there!

About Mr. Mont...I would try some Dreft. If you dont know what it is its a laundry detergent for sensitive skin (mostly for the babies) since they are usually more sensitive. I still use it on Sadie, we love it!

Kristina said...

I think it's so cool you get to see moose all up close and personal so often!