I may be tired in the morning, but I'm too excited to not share. I began this while Mont was taking his first nap this morning, and finished it after he fell asleep tonight. It's on a 12x12 canvas; small enough to wish I had done it bigger, but big enough to make my entire arm sore. Medium: Pastel chalk and graphite on generic stretched canvas.
I was talking to Mark about Never Never Land tonight. It is the perfect place for little boys; Indian chiefs and princesses, mermaids, crocodiles, pirates, sword fights, jungles, waterfalls, ocean, mystery, best friends who never grow up, fairies, adventure, and no parents! But... they do need a mother. So here I am, letting Mont have all sorts of literary adventure with a little visual aid. I wish he never did have to grow up, but I'm looking forward to all our little adventures together.
We love the Peter Pan tale. So much adventure!
I'm hoping to do two more small canvases like this soon. These will go in his nursery. Whew! I'm tired... happy thoughts and dreams to me... and to you too.
Tootles.
14 comments:
THAT IS AMAZING! How long have you known how to draw?? I had no idea! My mouth is still wide open hahaha I'm just trying to wrap my head around how you did that :) ok mouth closed...Good Job!
Wow, that is SO good! I'm impressed!!
I didn't know you are an artist! Well done! What a treasure.
What a great talent! It's so cute! I like the Peter Pan theme for a kids room. Such a fun idea.
That is amazing! You are so talented! Mont is one lucky guy.
This is so great. You definitely have a gift!
Jayci!!! This is perfect!! I've thought about making a little wall decor of my own for the kiddos' rooms, but nothing like this!! You are so talented, and you've inspired me!
The best part about this is you made it for him! Very special.
(can I link you?)
super cute, you could sell those and make major mulah.
I love everything about this idea... So original, so creative! Did you have something to look at while you drew, or did you just remember all the landmarks from memory?! Soooo fun Jace and it turned out PERFECT!!!
I am VERY impressed! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing with all of us!
DUDE. dude.
i'm speechless. can you come paint for my nursery?
btw, dave wants to know if you are still planning on visiting us. :) how about in the early spring season?
Jameson is totally in to Peter Pan right now. We watch it at least 2 times a day. I never thought about a Pan themed room but maybe we'll have to consider it. Although, I'm not as talented as you and would have to buy my wall hangings. Good job!
You are such a talented artist! I have to say I never really knew that you were this good! I should've known with everything else you do! Great job!
well, at the risk of sounding like the rest of the commenters, i am SO VERY IMPRESSED with your talent. what beautiful work, jayci. i just showed paul and both of us are in awe. beautiful, amazing, so special. you are AWESOME!!
Post a Comment