November 7, 2007

overdue

It's getting colder outside so I haven't been out to snap pictures of things out there. So I have been inside catching up with some good new books. I'm still working on Queen of Babble (I left it in Enid on our weekend visit to meet Mark's old friends, so if you see my librarian, dodge her!), I just finished One Good Knight (2 stars), and I'm almost done with The Angel and the Jabberwocky Murders (I have a feeling it will be 4 stars). fyi: my rating system for books and movies consist of 5 stars maximum.

While perusing the library's first row selections, I kept passing up The Thirteenth Tale. Until I saw it on a list from the Border's website. So I clicked on a review; it was a good review. So yesterday I went to pick it up. I already knew the exact location, so it only took me less than a minute to zig in and zag out. Mark didn't need to wait long in the car at all! I think he's afraid of libraries. That's between you and me.

Because of countless recommendations to read the Twilight series, I finally looked into it and needed to order it from another library. It came in today from the Great Bend Public Library in Kansas.

I wish I could blame my blog absence on reading myself silly, but this week has been a little stressful, causing a bit of a blog drought. But now that I have all sorts of stories to fill my thoughts, let's get reading!

*I took this picture thinking it would look a little more like late night-reading supplies if I added a bit more contrast! And I don't know why I had my ginger citrus cream sitting on top. Probably because my hands get so chapped while my hands are holding (so tightly) the riveting tales before me in the cold night air

4 comments:

Marie said...

Not much free time here - I so miss being able to read a good book! I was such a bookworm when I was in high school. The Academy killed that in me! I hope you're doing okay and that whatever was causing stress worked itself out. Hopefully you're healthy, happy, and having fun with your hubby!!! Take care, we're thinking of you!

aubreyannie said...

i don't think i'm so into riveting, nail biting books. but, i might try your MGC suggestions. thanks! paul is reading the twilight books now..what a good man.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Funny story about the Library:

My Ted loves bookstores and the library. He considers going to Borders a date. I am not kidding. I love book stores too but he is obsessed. Like, if we go...we are there for 2 hours while I sit on the floor and he looks at the science fiction section.

Ohhh Jayci, you are a smart one! Yes, the M3 is the same. I have always liked BMWs but the book inspired me. I love that dang book. Isn't Edward amazing?

Oh! I totally went to Jamba Juice and said, "Hi, my friend told me that you have a pumpkin smoothie!" And the guy says, "We did, last year, but we discontined it." I almost cried...

Jayci said...

Lauren!! I have to respond to yours first because that is just horrible, HORRIBLE news. I'm so sorry. I can tell you how to make one though if you're interested. Those were so addicting, I think I might just cry first.

I remember Border dates, but Markiss never took me on them. haha - Sad huh!? Cause I thought they were the perfect spot to quietly get to know eachother and people watch. He likes to go, but he has to browse the history books... eh. ;) I love him though.

Edward is mighty impressive. I hope the second book can be ordered faster than the last one. I'm going to need it stat!

Aubrey - What a good man is right. As soon as I read that I re-read it aloud to Mark. He just scoffed...he must give in!

Marie - Oh Marie.. I'm so sorry the Academy killed that in you. HEY! Maybe you just diagnosed Mark's problem. But then again, you still enjoy it, you're just too busy. I saw your kids pictures from Halloween - they are so sweet. I miss them a lot! And you. :)