A couple of movies ago, I watched The Painted Veil. It is beautifully told, and set on a continent that Mark called home for a while. It is a cinematic experience that is now hard to come by these days, even if I still do love most movies I see. This is one for the books. Or blog.The scene is set in China during the cholera epidemic. Her husband takes her into the midst of dying people as a punishment for her selfserving nature.
Throughout this movie, you witness the transormation of a girl into a lady. She is socially forced into a marriage by her parents who don't want to take care of her any longer. She thinks the man is kind, but her interest stops there. Their hearts soften and realize how lucky they really are to have one another. Her transformation is a hard one, but it makes the viewer appreciate love in all forms, and motivates to improve life in any situation. My synopsis does no justice; watch and enjoy.
6 comments:
Rod and I saw this movie while we were down in Mexico. I voted for it because it was in english!!! Good movie and beautiful scenery. It wasn't action packed, but more of a slow, thought-provoking movie. Thanks for reminding me! :)
I like it too. Maybe you can relate to "wondering around the big world" like she felt, huh?
I will tell my mom to rent it for me. While still living at home I am going to try to get as many things free as possible....(mischievious cackle)
i put this on my netflix queue as well. my friend read the book for her book blog but said the movie was significantly better than the book. i can't wait to see it. especially since you liked it.
Come back Jayci! I miss you!
haha - I'm back! Missed you too.
Post a Comment